Welcome to PlaaPlaaPlaa!

So you may be wondering why PlaaPlaaPlaa? What are those strange fish symbols above? What is ปลา and what does it mean? In short, this is a blog site, so surely there's going to be plenty of rambling. Unfortunately BlahBlahBlah was already taken, so I had to settle for the 'Plaa'. But there's actually more to it then just ramblings. The first fish symbol is actually a Christian symbol meaning ICTHUS - a greek acronymn which means "Jesus Christ is God's Son, the Saviour". The other strange letters you see in the last fish is actually the thai word for fish which funnily enough is pronounced "Plaa". So when you put it all together, this site is going to be my ramblings in telling people about how Jesus Christ is God's Son, the Saviour in Thailand (with plenty of good stories about food in between). Happy reading.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Food and sport

I love food, and I love sport. Now that life here is a lot more settled, I'm really starting to be aware of so many more opportunities to be using these 2 things to not only be building relationships myself, but also helping other friends get to meet and know each other better. When I think of my church friends, so often we only see each other once a week on a Sunday, or maybe twice if they are also in the same cell group. But over the past few weeks, I've had a chance to be playing tennis with other people from church meaning that we get to see each other 2-4 times a week, and that alone has really helped to build relationships and all people to open up. I'm hoping to do more sport stuff (weather permitting here of course, especially as we hit rainy season), and be using my place to invite friends over for midweek dinners/movie nights. I've found that even if people can't make it for dinner, they appreciate the invite or even the call to chat.

So, thanks to a few of my smbc friends, here's one of my latest investments.





After a shaky initiation dinner with friends, i realise that i really need to practice working with charcoal here (not quite as easy as heat beads back home). But looking forward
to the fun that i can have, not only cooking bbq's but especially the fun in hanging out with friends.