Welcome to PlaaPlaaPlaa!

So you may be wondering why PlaaPlaaPlaa? What are those strange fish symbols above? What is ปลา and what does it mean? In short, this is a blog site, so surely there's going to be plenty of rambling. Unfortunately BlahBlahBlah was already taken, so I had to settle for the 'Plaa'. But there's actually more to it then just ramblings. The first fish symbol is actually a Christian symbol meaning ICTHUS - a greek acronymn which means "Jesus Christ is God's Son, the Saviour". The other strange letters you see in the last fish is actually the thai word for fish which funnily enough is pronounced "Plaa". So when you put it all together, this site is going to be my ramblings in telling people about how Jesus Christ is God's Son, the Saviour in Thailand (with plenty of good stories about food in between). Happy reading.

Monday, July 2, 2012

What's an 'average week'?

It's really hard to describe an average week, or even an average day here for that matter. While there are a few constants, like 3 language lessons a week, cell group fri night, worship team on saturday night, and church all day sunday, every week seems to throw in some new random challenge - of late we've had 'the accident' with the motorbike, Jas breaking her leg, as well as other Thai friends who have needed some help with various stuff. Other weeks i need to visit the lawyer or immigration to sort out work permits and visas etc etc etc. On what feels like the odd occasion when there are no pressing 'emergencies', I tend to easily find things to keep me occupied. Usually this means hanging out with friends, doing some bible study prep, helping church with things like buying a new guitar for church, spending time with visitors, trying out new random recipes for 'lucky' friends, chatting with the neighbours, playing Words With Friends, and occasionally I also get to chill out with my guitar. It's amazing how quickly time just passes by. So in short, I don't think there really is an 'average week'. But that's also how I love it. It's nice having a bit of randomness thrown in each week to keep me on my toes and stop me from getting bored.

Here are a few random pics of the past couple weeks:


Enjoying the clearest views of Chiang Mai that i've ever seen from my friends place


Partying with the Church Worship Team


Language lessons with Khruu Jai


Enjoying the rare sight of a double rainbow


Attempting to make my first Thai dessert - Kanom Chun