Welcome to PlaaPlaaPlaa!

So you may be wondering why PlaaPlaaPlaa? What are those strange fish symbols above? What is ปลา and what does it mean? In short, this is a blog site, so surely there's going to be plenty of rambling. Unfortunately BlahBlahBlah was already taken, so I had to settle for the 'Plaa'. But there's actually more to it then just ramblings. The first fish symbol is actually a Christian symbol meaning ICTHUS - a greek acronymn which means "Jesus Christ is God's Son, the Saviour". The other strange letters you see in the last fish is actually the thai word for fish which funnily enough is pronounced "Plaa". So when you put it all together, this site is going to be my ramblings in telling people about how Jesus Christ is God's Son, the Saviour in Thailand (with plenty of good stories about food in between). Happy reading.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

New Beginnings

In many ways, today feels like the start of my life over here in Thailand as I moved into what will be my new home for what I hope will be the next few years at least. In many ways, it's felt like a long time coming as I moved here almost 2 months ago now, but I also see it as God's amazing timing, not only in big things like getting a new car to help with the move, but also in terms little things like many shops having big sales on items that I'm needing to set up house with - eg sheets, pillows, kitchen items, mops etc etc. It's just like everything is falling into place perfectly. So here's a snapshot of my new life here - the car and the house.
Even though I only came to Thailand with 1 big bag, 1 backpack and a guitar, somehow the boot of my car managed to get filled quite with all these extra belongings that have been kindly kept in storage by my sister and team mates. It was kinda nice being reunited with my old bin, cups, plates, cutlery, even bleach and floor cleaner, plus heaps of other knick knacks I used to have around the house when I used to live here. As a result, this is what my car ended up looking like. Of course my nerf guns got prime position in the boot.
So here are a few pics of the new place. Lots of space, and even spare rooms for friends to stay even if the beds are a bit hard.
Living room
Kitchen
The extent of available 'food' in my house right now. Important things first! For those who pray: - Praise God for the provision of this new house - Pray for the opportunity to get to know the neighbours and build good relationships with them - Praise God for the opportunity to already share a little bit about Jesus with my landlord tonight. Still a long way to go, but was an unexpected opportunity