Welcome to PlaaPlaaPlaa!

So you may be wondering why PlaaPlaaPlaa? What are those strange fish symbols above? What is ปลา and what does it mean? In short, this is a blog site, so surely there's going to be plenty of rambling. Unfortunately BlahBlahBlah was already taken, so I had to settle for the 'Plaa'. But there's actually more to it then just ramblings. The first fish symbol is actually a Christian symbol meaning ICTHUS - a greek acronymn which means "Jesus Christ is God's Son, the Saviour". The other strange letters you see in the last fish is actually the thai word for fish which funnily enough is pronounced "Plaa". So when you put it all together, this site is going to be my ramblings in telling people about how Jesus Christ is God's Son, the Saviour in Thailand (with plenty of good stories about food in between). Happy reading.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

1 sleep to go...

It's so hard to believe that there is now only 1 more sleep to go! The past week has brought back memories of what it was like as a kid waiting for Christmas to come. At times it felt like time had just stopped and it was taking forever. But even though at times it felt like it would never come, I loved every minute I have had to catch up with many friends and to have the opportunity to say way too many goodbyes (I still hate goodbyes). I'm still constantly blown away by the support and encouragement I have received from so many friends, and I'm really going to miss hanging out with you all in person. thankfully the many farewell get togethers, dinners, drop bys, bike rides, lunches etc have meant that i've been able to make good use of my camera and I've managed to get together a pretty good collection of selfy shots with many of you which i plan to print out and put into an album so i can be remembering you and praying for you all regularly. So as my final day draws to a close and as i reflect on the past few months of preparation in heading to Thailand, I am just so thankful to God for so many friends and family and all the love, encouragement, prayers, support, friendship and partnership. I am truly blessed by God to have each of you in my life and i look forward to the days when i am back on home assignment and can spend time together again.

I thought i'd share a few more pics from my commissioning service and some shots from various farewells and dinners over the past couple weeks. But the first couple pics are the prayers from 3 of the kids that I taught at Kids Church last year, Jesse, Gabby and Caitlin. They were asked to pray for me as a 'mini commissioning' service during the kids spot in the morning service. These prayers really encouraged and touched me and even brought me to tears.





The church at the commissioning


Those who came to the commissioning, but loved this shot as josh is doing a massive yawn


the charge


More shots from my commissioning service


Kevin & Luke praying at the commissioning service


college friends who rocked up to support


Birthday dinner for Don Don and Bridgie


ultimate group selfy shot (who knew my arm was actually that long to get everyone in)


great group shot by Alice


With college friends