Welcome to PlaaPlaaPlaa!

So you may be wondering why PlaaPlaaPlaa? What are those strange fish symbols above? What is ปลา and what does it mean? In short, this is a blog site, so surely there's going to be plenty of rambling. Unfortunately BlahBlahBlah was already taken, so I had to settle for the 'Plaa'. But there's actually more to it then just ramblings. The first fish symbol is actually a Christian symbol meaning ICTHUS - a greek acronymn which means "Jesus Christ is God's Son, the Saviour". The other strange letters you see in the last fish is actually the thai word for fish which funnily enough is pronounced "Plaa". So when you put it all together, this site is going to be my ramblings in telling people about how Jesus Christ is God's Son, the Saviour in Thailand (with plenty of good stories about food in between). Happy reading.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Info Night 10th Feb

So there's only one more sleep til my info night which feels both exciting and daunting at the same time. Over the past few weeks i've wrestled with all sorts of ideas with how to make it interesting, engaging, relevant and informative. But no matter how it turns out, my prayer is that through the presentation, the needs for the gospel in Thailand will become clearer and people will be convicted by the need and enthused for missions around the world. I'm still not sure how well the night will work, but those coming along will be given the chance to go on a 'tour' of Thailand, where they will experience the sights, sounds, tastes of Thailand and meet some of my Thai friends along the way. I've never taught cooking before - in fact, most of my cooking is experimental, so it will be interesting trying to teach everyone how to make Khao Niaw Ma Muang (mango sticky rice). I just hope the final product tastes ok.

If you're keen to come along, Info night will be at Drummoyne Presbyterian Church, from 7.30-9pm.

For those who pray:
- Praise God for the opportunity to share about Thailand and for all the people coming along
- Pray that the info night is helpful for people to get a greater understanding of the needs for the gospel in Thailand
- Pray that people will be challenged to consider how they can be involved in overseas gospel work
- Pray no one gets food poisoning from my cooking demonstration!

For those who like pictures, here are a few more pics from my experimentation of both camera work and food

I love this photo on a number of levels. 1. Cos it's of coke cans, 2. the reflection shows how clean the floor is..., 3. the focus and the depth of field the camera has captured, 4. I love Coke!! :)


Experimental Calamari Salad


Can't take credit for this dessert, but i sooooo want to try this at home one night


Out with the old Shiseido gals


AJ with all the bears


My new toy thanks to Rachie :)


my brunch creation


More Experimental night city shots


Stuck at Central one night, i thought i'd pass the time experimenting with my camera


Another experimental shot at Central