Welcome to PlaaPlaaPlaa!

So you may be wondering why PlaaPlaaPlaa? What are those strange fish symbols above? What is ปลา and what does it mean? In short, this is a blog site, so surely there's going to be plenty of rambling. Unfortunately BlahBlahBlah was already taken, so I had to settle for the 'Plaa'. But there's actually more to it then just ramblings. The first fish symbol is actually a Christian symbol meaning ICTHUS - a greek acronymn which means "Jesus Christ is God's Son, the Saviour". The other strange letters you see in the last fish is actually the thai word for fish which funnily enough is pronounced "Plaa". So when you put it all together, this site is going to be my ramblings in telling people about how Jesus Christ is God's Son, the Saviour in Thailand (with plenty of good stories about food in between). Happy reading.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Off to Thailand in '08

I don't even know where to begin this blog, so how about i start with some fast facts:

1. I'm heading off to Thailand on the 5th December 2007, starting with a 3 week mission trip with my church (Drummoyne Presbyterian).
2. Rather then coming back with the team, i'll be staying on in Chiang Mai, for at least a year (if you don't know where Chiang Mai is, check the map on the right)
3. In my year there, i'm hoping to do a variety of things that will ultimately help people understand what it means that 'Jesus Christ is God's Son, the Saviour'.
4. I'm heading over with a Christian organisation called Pioneers
5. I have a great group of family and friends who are partnering with me in this journey
6. God is awesome, and i can't wait to share with you all the things that happen which prove that.
7. I have lots of stuff i still need to do before i go.

Over the coming months, the hope is to use this blog to keep you updated on all my plans as they unfold, so you can share in all the highs and lows and be a part of this journey with me from the start.

So please do stay tuned and visit this site regularly to keep up with the latest.